Leadership of Congregational Song
- Taught in concurrent tracks for organ/keyboard, voice, and guitar, this clear, helpful course offers all the tricks of the trade to improve the quality of your congregational singing. Basic skills in organ, keyboard, guitar or voice are required for this course, since it is designed to further develop already acquired skills.
Hymnody of the Christian Church
- In this cross-denominational study of the major schools and styles of hymnody from early Greek and Latin to the current hymn explosion in England and the United States, participants explore denominational hymnals and supplements.
Liturgy and Music:
Foundations of the Christian Church (on-line offering)
- This wide-ranging course surveys the rich liturgical traditions of the member churches and explores the church year, lectionary, and theology of each service with practical applications for the participants.
Philosophy of Church Music I & II
- Whether you have thought about it or not, you DO have a philosophy of church music. This course, taught concurrently with the other courses, will help you to identify, affirm, or redefine your thinking. With refreshingly candid and contradictory readings from across the ages and lively discussions of the nature of church music, you will have an opportunity to reframe your vital questions.
Principles of Choral Leadership
- This course develops the student’s skills as a leader of choral singing through sessions on choral conducting and voice training.
Resources for an Effective Music Ministry
- The answers to your “how-do-I-get-my-job-done” questions are contained in this nuts and bolts curriculum that you will consult for the rest of your ministry.
Teaching New Music to the Congregation
- To combat the age-old cry, “We don’t know that one!” this course offers a systematic and successful way to introduce tomorrow’s classics.